Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WK9 EOC: My (Jenny Beavan/ Charolette Child)style





 My personal style that is not reflected in a movie, but in a costume designer in its self.  The two-costume designer I would choice is Jenny Beavan and Charlotte Child. Both of these women are known for different styles of movies. The one thing the have in common is that they do period pieces so well. When I say period I am not saying Marie Antunet. There style in the way they design is vintage, but dark. In which I love. These women are more than just an inspiration in design and style, but an inspiration in career life. Jenny Beavan is known for movies such as Sherlock Homles, The Kings Speech, The Black Dahila, and Timeline. Charlotte Child is known for her costume design of Johnny Deeps character in Sweeny Todd.

The reason why I think these designers represent me is because they really reflect my personal inner style and love for those mid-century designs. I have always felt like I was born in the wrong era. The fifty’s design is how is speaks to me an my inner retro diva. I just have a respect for designer from that time ear. Woman really put thoughts into what they wore and wanted to be lady like. Attention to detail wasn’t over looked, you would have five different pieces to one out fit and everything was perfectly placed where is belonged. Even men looked so sharp and clean. So If I could hop into one of their wardrobe closets for these films, I would take everything fitting or not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment